Club Sega

Welcome to Club Sega

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods, this post is for you.  

I am a big golf fan of yours, since the 1994 US Amateur/1995 Masters, and have followed you faithfully each and every year since.     You were my golfing role model in high school, college, and to the present.   Your skill and accomplishments are incredible and always impress. 

I have had the humble honor of watching you golf live, in person, at the 1996 Quad Cities Classic and in the 2010 Masters.    Every year I watch 4 tournaments on TV, the Masters, US Open, British Open, and the PGA as I anxiously await your march toward Jack Nicklaus's total Majors record.

What happened in November 2009, before and after, has been difficult for me to go through.   You were my role model and someone that I looked up to.     No matter what has happened, I am still one of your biggest fans.   Since you are half thai and half black, I think one of the other things I identify with you is that I'm half Japanese, half white.      

It sounds crazy, and I'm basically a nobody to you, but I invite you to my hometown sometime to play a round of golf, or just hang out for a day?   I also have a golf video game I could show you, one that you might enjoy.   It would be really cool to do that, but I know you are really busy working on things.   You can msg me at nobuo32@gmail.com 

Please know that I haven't given up on you, and I know that you will work things through in your life and on the golf course, and I still wait in anticipation when you beat Jack Nicklaus's record and create your own to become the best golfer in history, a record that will stand for all time, just as your 2000-2001 Four Majors-in-a-row Grand Slam record will stand for all time.   

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you were into golf this much. Yeah, Tiger's a cool guy except for that whole affair thing... He has a great competitor's mentality--very formidable...

    ReplyDelete